When you own your power, you take responsibility for the situations and experiences you have in your in life.
Taking responsibility is empowering and freeing. Of course, while we cannot control all that happens in the world (or to us), powerful affirmations help us create a more positive response to how we perceive and experience these challenging situations.
According to research, positive self-affirmation may also help to mitigate the effects of stress. Spending just a few minutes a day thinking positively about your best qualities can relax your mind, boost your confidence, and improve your chances of a favorable outcome.
What’s more, affirmations have been shown to stimulate the areas in our brains that help us to more likely to effect positive changes regarding both our physical and emotional health.
Positive affirmations are amazing tools that can be used in any situation where you’d like to experience meaningful and transformational change.
These might include:
- Boosting your confidence
- Controlling negative feelings
- Improving your self-esteem
- Overcoming a bad habit (such as negative self-talk)
Also, affirmations can be more effective when used in conjunction with other positive thinking and goal-setting techniques such as visualization, journaling, and meditation. Instead of just reciting your affirmations, these techniques also allow you to further reaffirm your statements by seeing them, visualizing them and writing them down.
5 Tips For Writing A Powerful Affirmation Statement
Affirmations statements usually focus on a specific belief, behavior or goal that you’re struggling with and want to change.
Below are 5 tips can help you to write an affirmation statement that is effective for you.
- Think about the things in your life you’d like to change. For example, do you wish you had stronger relationships with your family or friends? Do you struggle with self-doubt or lack of self-esteem?
- Write down several ideas or behaviors that you’d like to work on. It’s important that they are aligned with your core values so that you’ll feel genuinely motivated to achieve them.
- Turn negative thoughts into positive ones. If you struggle with negative self-talk, note those persistent thoughts, then choose an affirmation that is the opposite of that thought or belief.
- Say or write your affirmation statements in the present tense, as if it’s already happening. This helps your mind to believe that the statement is true right now.
- Proclaim it with feeling. You want this change to happen, so affirmations are more effective when they are personally meaningful and connect with what’s important to you.
While your affirmations will be personal to you and specific to your goals, the following affirmations may provide some inspiration or a starting point to begin your practice:
I AM POWER
…and today I follow my heart and discover my true excellence
…and I know every day I grow stronger in mind, body, and spirit
…and I have the innate ability to accomplish everything I want in life
… and I am thrilled by the possibilities I see for my life
I AM FEARLESS
…and I will allow the courage of my heart to dissolve any fears I experience
…and I always take positive action in the face of fear
…and every day I will bravely expand my comfort zone
…and today I will breathe in confidence and breathe out all fear
I AM LIMITLESS
…and can achieve my full potential in work/relationships
…and I will go beyond the limitations of my ego
…and today I will welcome each moment as a new opportunity to offer my unique talents
…and will inspire and empower others to greatness with my infinite enthusiasm
I AM WORTHY
…and I treat myself like the divine being I am
…and I accept myself for who I truly am, and give myself permission to grow beyond this
…and I am deeply grateful for the uniqueness of my being.
…and I know I am significant exactly as I am
I AM PURPOSE
…and will complete (tasks) on time
…and each day I see my life’s purpose more clearly
…and every day I find more ways to contribute to the greater good
…and as I follow my heart, I will discover my destiny
I AM ABUNDANCE
…and I know that when I follow my bliss, wealth and prosperity will follow me
…and I know a constant stream of abundance flows towards me.
…and I am aware that prosperity is my birthright and I accept it with open arms.
…and I am aware that all the abundance of the universe already exists within me
I AM GRATEFUL
…and every day I give thanks for all that I have in my life
…and feeling gratitude puts me in a state of calm and openness
…and being grateful for what I have brings more abundance into my life
…and I am eternally thankful for all the lessons life teaches me
The power of affirmations lies in repeating them to yourself regularly. When practicing them, choose one or two to focus at a time. Say the affirmations out loud in a confident voice several times a day including right when you get up in the morning and just before you go to bed at night.
Tip: As a reminder, put them on your daily calendar so they can pop up in your inbox!