TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO USER: PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. This Terms of Service (“Agreement”) is a legal agreement between you (referred to herein as “you” or “your”) and ReWire Me LLC (“we”, “our”, or “us”) for access to and use of our website available at https://www.rewireme.com (the “Website”) and other related software, interactive features or downloads operated by us and that are available through the Website (referred to collectively as the “Service” and excluding any services provided to you by us under a separate written agreement).
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF ANY OF THESE TERMS ARE UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU OR IN THE EVENT THAT ANY FUTURE CHANGES ARE UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, DO NOT USE THE SERVICE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICE NOW, OR FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF ANY CHANGES IN THIS AGREEMENT, WILL INDICATE ACCEPTANCE AND AGREEMENT BY YOU OF SUCH CHANGES.
YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS. IF YOU ARE ACTING ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING SERIOUS PROBLEMS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEPRESSION, THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE, DRUG/ALCOHOL ADDICTION, OR ABUSE), WE ADVISE YOU TO CONTACT APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONALS (SUCH AS MEDICAL DOCTORS AND/OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES, AS APPLICABLE) FOR ASSISTANCE. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
1. Use of the Service by You.
A. We provide the Service for educational, discussion and promotional purposes only. You may not rely on any information or opinions expressed on the Service for any other purpose. You acknowledge that the Service does not constitute the provision of health care diagnosis or treatment. In all instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of the information you encounter on the Service. Information presented on the Service is not intended to be, and should not be considered, a substitute for medical, ethical, legal, or other professional advice. We do not endorse any specific providers of Content (as defined in Section 6 below), or any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions or other information that may be mentioned on, or you may access or discover via, the Service. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any medical or health-related questions. You may not rely on the application of any information accessed on or via the Service as being applicable to your specific circumstances. Do not put off getting medical advice, or ignore professional medical advice that you have been given, because of any Content on, or accessible via, the Service. Your use of, or reliance upon, any information you encounter in connection with the Service is solely at your own risk. Neither we, nor our third party licensors, assume any liability or responsibility for damages or injury to you or any other person arising from the use of, or reliance upon, any information, idea or instruction contained in, or accessible via, the Service.
B. The Service may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on third-party websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links, websites and services.
C. You agree that (i) you will use the Service solely for your own, non-commercial, personal use in accordance with this Agreement and in accordance with any specific rules or usage provisions specified by us on the Service, (ii) all information supplied by you to us will be true, accurate, current and complete, and (iii) you will review the latest version of this Agreement posted on the Service from time to time to check for amendments that may apply to you (as more fully described in Section 12 below). We retain the right at our sole discretion to deny or suspend access to the Service to anyone, at any time and for any reason, without liability.
D. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Service, including, without limitation, the storage of any data, files, information and/or other materials on a server owned or under our control or in any way connected to the Service, shall be at your sole risk and responsibility and we shall have no obligation to back-up such data, files, information and/or other materials. We expressly reserve the right to limit storage capacity and to remove and/or delete any data, files, and/or other information stored or used in connection with the Service for any reason including, without limitation, if we deem, in our sole discretion, such data to be in violation of this Agreement and/or any rule or policy of ours and/or any local, state, or federal law or regulation.
E. You are solely responsible for any breach of your obligations under this Agreement and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which we may suffer) of any such breach.
F. We cannot always foresee or anticipate technical or other difficulties which may result in failure to obtain data or loss of data, personalization settings, or other interruptions. We cannot assume responsibility for the timeliness, accuracy, deletion, non-delivery or failure to store any user data, communications or settings.
G. The Service may contain blog features and other public forums where users can post Content. We want such features and forums to be positive and encouraging. Accordingly, if you use such features or forums, in addition to the other requirements of this Agreement, you represent, warrant, and agree that any Content you submit will not include:
(i) mean-spirited or unduly negative material, or material intended to publicly ridicule other users of the Service;
(ii) profanity or sexually explicit/suggestive material;
(iii) advertising or promotional materials of any kind;
(iv) links to, or material that includes, any solicitation for donations or contest votes or survey responses;
(v) political commentary; or
(vi) diet recommendations that pose health risks.
2. Restrictions on Use of the Service. You represent, warrant, and agree that you will not:
(i) use the Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with this Agreement and/or any and all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations and international treaties;
(ii) use the Service for the distribution, housing, processing, propagation, storage, or otherwise handling in any way abusive, defamatory, harassing, libelous, lewd, libelous, obscene, pornographic, threatening, or tortuous material, or any false or misleading material, or any other material (including links to such material) that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be objectionable whether or not such material is unlawful;
(iii) permit or otherwise enable unauthorized users to access and/or use the Service;
(iv) use the Service to export software or data in violation of applicable U.S. laws or regulations;
(v) sell, copy, duplicate, rent, lease, loan, distribute, transfer, or sublicense the Service, or otherwise permit any third party to use or have access to the Service for any purpose (except as expressly permitted by us in writing) or decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, create a derivative work of, display in human readable form, attempt to discover any source code, or otherwise use any software that enables or comprises any part of the Service;
(vi) remove any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary notices from the Service;
(vii) distribute, publish, exhibit, or otherwise use the Service, in any manner and for any purpose not expressly permitted under this Agreement;
(viii) frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose the Service, or any portion thereof;
(ix) exploit the Service or collect any data incorporated in the Service in any automated manner through the use of bots, metaspiders, crawlers or any other automated means;
(x) register as a user of the Service by providing false, inaccurate, or misleading information;
(xi) post hyperlinks to commercial services or websites;
(xii) impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an employee of ours, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
(xiii) collect personal data about other users of the Service for commercial or any other purposes;
(xiv) post irrelevant Content (as defined in Section 6 below), repeatedly post the same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
(xv) attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Service (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Service);
(xvi) make available Content (as defined in Section 6 below) that constitutes or contains “affiliate marketing,” “link referral code,” “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or unsolicited commercial advertisement, except to the extent such Content is provided to you by us or one of our affiliates for a purpose specifically authorized by us in writing; and
(xvii) create or attempt to create multiple user accounts.
3. Provision of the Service by Us. We are constantly improving the Service in order to provide the best possible experience for its users. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Service which we provide may change from time to time without prior notice to you. As part of this continuing innovation, you acknowledge and agree that we may decline to provide you access to the Service or stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Service (or any features or programs or Content within the Service) to you or to users generally at our sole discretion, without liability or prior notice to you. You may stop using the Service at any time. You do not need to specifically inform us when you stop using the Service. You acknowledge and agree that if we disable access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Service, your account details, or any files or other Content which is contained in your account. You acknowledge and agree that while we may not currently have set a fixed upper limit on the amount of storage space used for the provision of the Service, or the duration of time that we will store any information on your behalf, such fixed upper limits or temporal limits may be set by us at any time, in our sole discretion. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service shall be subject to this Agreement.
4. Access to the Service; Reservation of Rights.
A. We hereby give you a personal, worldwide, non-assignable and non-exclusive right to access and use the Service in the manner and for the purposes expressly permitted by the Agreement. We also hereby grant you a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to the Website or subdomains thereof so long as the link does not portray us, our affiliates, or products or services provided by us or our affiliates in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner in our sole judgment. You may not assign (or grant a sub-license of) your rights to use the Service, grant a security interest in or over your rights to use the Service, or otherwise transfer any part of your rights to use the Service and any such attempt shall be null and void at the time of such attempt.
B. We reserve all right, title and interest in and to the Service not expressly granted to you under this Agreement. There are no implied licenses under this Agreement.
5. Your Password and Account Security. To use certain features and functionalities of the Service, you must create an account with us, and provide certain personal information about yourself to us. If you are under the age of thirteen (13), then you are not permitted to create an account or otherwise submit personal information to us. You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the Service. Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible to us for all activities that occur under your account. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Content in the Service.
A. You understand that all information (such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the Service are the sole responsibility of the person from which such information originated. All such information is referred to as “Content”.
B. You acknowledge that Content presented to you as part of the Service may be protected by intellectual property rights which are owned by the persons and/or entities that provide that Content to us (or by other persons or companies on their behalf). You may not modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on this Content (either in whole or in part) unless you have been specifically told that you may do so by us or by the owners of that Content, in writing.
C. We reserve the right (but shall have no obligation) to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all Content.
D. You understand that by using the Service you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable and that, in this respect, you use the Service at your own risk.
E. You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that we have no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any Content that you create, transmit or display while using the Service and for the consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which we may suffer) by doing so.
7. Intellectual Property.
A. You acknowledge and agree that we (or our licensors) own all legal right, title and interest in and to the Service, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in the Service (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist) including, without limitation, all rights with respect to copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, moral rights, trade names, domain names, technology, mask works, know-how, design rights, trade dress, trade secrets, inventions, ideas, processes, formulas, source code and object code, data, and similar rights including the information in any application, registration, or renewal thereof that may be protected under the intellectual property laws, regulations, or rules of any country. Without limiting the foregoing, the “look and feel” of the Service, and the compilation, assembly, and arrangement of the materials of the Service and any and all copyrightable material, and all intellectual property rights to the same, are owned or controlled by us, our licensors, or both.
B. You agree that you shall not remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices (including copyright and trademark notices) which may be affixed to or contained within the Service.
C. You agree that in using the Service, you will not use any trademark, service mark, trade name, logo of any company or organization in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorized user of such marks, names or logos.
8. Rights You Grant to Us.
A. You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you upload or otherwise submit to the Service.
B. By uploading or otherwise submitting Content, you give us a worldwide, perpetual, fully-sublicensable (through multiple tiers), irrevocable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, host, store, reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute and otherwise exploit such Content (in whole or in part) in any manner or media whatsoever, now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, (i) in connection with our business and (ii) in connection with the business of our successors, subsidiaries, and their related companies.
C. You agree that we may use your feedback, suggestions, or ideas in any way, including in future modifications of the Service, other products or services, advertising or marketing materials. You grant us a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, sublicensable, irrevocable, fully-paid up, royalty free license to use the feedback you provide to us in any way.
D. You agree that we are not responsible for protecting and enforcing any intellectual property rights granted by you to us in connection with this Agreement and that we have no obligation to do so on your behalf.
E. By submitting Content, you also grant us the right to use your biographical information in connection with the use or publication of your Content.
F. In connection with Content you upload or otherwise submit via the Service, you affirm, represent, and warrant that: you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize us to use such Content in the manner contemplated by this Agreement. You further agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have written permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant us all of the license rights granted herein.
G. You understand that we may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media; and (c) display advertisements in connection with your Content and/or use your Content for advertising and promotional purposes. You agree that the rights and licenses you grant to us in this Agreement shall permit us to take these actions.
H. You represent and warrant to us that you have all the rights, capacity, power and authority necessary to grant the above rights and licenses.
9. Copyright Agent. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. It is our policy, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on such copyright owner’s behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon us actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident. Our copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
Name: Rose Caiola
Address: 351 East 78th Street, New York, NY 10075
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice with our copyright agent. You should note that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
A. Products. Certain products may be offered for sale by us through the Service. In the event you wish to purchase any of these products, you will be asked by us or an authorized third party on our behalf to supply certain information such as your full name, address and credit card and/or other billing information. You agree to provide us or such third party with accurate, complete and current information at all times. You shall be responsible for all charges made in your product order as well as for any applicable taxes. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by the same customer, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event we make a change to or cancel an order, we will attempt to notify you by contacting the email and/or billing address/phone number associated with your account or provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
B. Payment. Terms of payment are within our sole discretion, and unless otherwise agreed by us, payment must be received by us prior to our acceptance of an order. Your right to any products that are available is conditional on our receipt of the appropriate payment for such products in advance. If such payment cannot be charged to your credit card or if a charge is refunded for any reason, including chargeback, you agree that we reserve the right to cancel your order.
C. Product Descriptions. We attempt to be as accurate as possible in describing products (including pricing) offered for purchase; however, we do not warrant that all such descriptions are complete, current or error-free. From time to time there may be information on the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice (including after orders are submitted). Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items on the Service may be mispriced. If an item’s correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
D. Return Policy – NO REFUNDS; EXCHANGE ONLY. No refunds will be offered for any products you purchase from us. If within five (5) business days of your receipt of a product shipment, you send notice to us at email@example.com detailing a problem or concern with a product, you will be eligible to exchange such product if such exchange is made within ten (10) business days from your receipt of the applicable shipment. To be eligible for an exchange, all products returned to us must be in their original packaging, in as-new condition, and accompanied by the relevant packing slip or receipt.
E. Shipping. If you are shipping a product order to a destination within the United States (50 States and the District of Columbia only), please allow up to ten (10) business days for delivery, depending on shipping method. If you are shipping an order to a destination outside of the United States, please allow up to four (4) weeks for delivery, depending on your location and local customs regulations/process.
F. Product Availability. Although availability may be indicated on the Service, we cannot guarantee product availability, and therefore, certain products may not be available for immediate delivery. We reserve the right, without liability or prior notice, to revise, discontinue, or cease to make available any or all products or to cancel any order. If there is any revision, discontinuance, or cessation, we may, in our discretion, ship products which have substantially similar functionality and specifications to the products ordered or cancel your order.
G. Colors. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of the products that appear on the Service. Actual colors displayed depend on the display screen used; we cannot guarantee a monitor’s display of any color will be accurate.
H. Risk of Loss. Risk of loss and title for the products purchased via the Service pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
12. Changes to Agreement; Additional Rules & Policies. We reserve the right to change, amend and/or modify this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time. You hereby acknowledge and agree that such changes, amendments and/or modifications will become effective when posted on the Service or as otherwise provided by us. From time to time, we may post on the Service or otherwise notify you of additional or different rules and policies relating to the Service. These rules and policies shall thereafter be part of this Agreement. If you use the Service after the posting or other notice of changes in this Agreement or changed rules or policies, you are agreeing to follow and be bound by them for such use.
13. NO WARRANTIES. THE SERVICE AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, AND PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUALITY, AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY US IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, OR THAT THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DATA, FILES, AND/OR OTHER INFORMATION STORED ON A SERVER OWNED OR UNDER OUR CONTROL OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICE, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE OR SECURE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE AGREEMENT.
14. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF THEIR DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR THIRD PARTY LICENSORS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT AND/OR THE SERVICE PROVIDED HEREUNDER AND/OR ANY PRODUCTS YOU OBTAIN FROM US AND/OR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH US, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, RECKLESSNESS, PROFESSIONAL NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS OR LEGAL THEORY. SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT THE DAMAGES ARISE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM: (i) THE USE OR MISUSE OF, OR RELIANCE UPON, THE SERVICE PROVIDED HEREUNDER; (ii) THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES, ERRORS, DEFECTS, DELAYS IN OPERATION, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE NOT LIMITED TO ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATION FAILURE, THEFT, OR DESTRUCTION; (iii) THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, OR TERMINATION OF THE SERVICE; OR (iv) THE DELETION AND/OR CORRUPTION OF ANY DATA, INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS, FILES AND/OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS STORED ON A SERVER OWNED OR UNDER OUR CONTROL OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THE SERVICE. SUCH LIMITATION ON LIABILITY SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, TOTAL LIABILITY OF US, OUR AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF OUR DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER RELATED TO USE OF THE SERVICE OR ANY PRODUCTS OR ANY CLAIMS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO US DURING THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE AND PURCHASE OF PRODUCT.
15. Release and Indemnification. You agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless us, our affiliates, directors, members, officers, employees, agents and third party licensors, from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, with respect to (i) your access, use or misuse of, or reliance upon, the Service, (ii) your actual or alleged violation or breach of this Agreement or rights of another, (iii) Content provided by you or through use of your account, and/or (iv) your acts or omissions. You agree to cooperate fully with us in the defense of any claim that is the subject of your obligations hereunder. For the avoidance of doubt, this section shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
16. California Waiver. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code 1542, which says:
“A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
17. Term and Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated by us or you. We shall have the right to terminate this Agreement including, without limitation, your right to access and use the Service, at any time in our sole discretion and without advance notice to you. The licenses granted herein by us shall automatically terminate without advance notice if you fail to comply with any material provision of this Agreement. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by deleting your user account on the Service and discontinuing use of any and all parts of the Service. Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, you shall immediately cease using the Service.
18. Governing Law and Venue for Disputes. This Agreement, and your relationship with us under this Agreement, shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict or choice of laws provisions. Any dispute with us, or our officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates, arising under or in relation to this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively through the federal or state courts located in New York County, New York (and courts with appellate jurisdiction therefrom), except with respect to imminent harm requiring temporary or preliminary injunctive relief in which case we may seek such relief in any court with jurisdiction over the parties. You understand that, in return for agreement to this provision, we are able to offer the Service at the terms designated, and that your assent to this provision is an indispensable consideration to this Agreement.
You also acknowledge and understand that, with respect to any dispute with us, our officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates, arising out of or relating to your use of the Service or this Agreement:
* YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE A TRIAL BY JURY; and
* YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO SERVE AS A REPRESENTATIVE, AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, OR IN ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY, OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS, IN ANY LAWSUIT INVOLVING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.
19. Severability. If any provision in this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable or contrary to applicable law, such provision shall be construed, limited, or altered, as necessary, to eliminate the invalidity or unenforceability or the conflict with applicable law, and all other provisions of this Agreement shall remain in effect.
20. No Assignment, Sublicense or Transfer. You may not assign, sublicense, or transfer this Agreement or any rights or obligations hereunder without our prior written consent. Any such attempted assignment, sublicense, or transfer will be null and void and we, in our sole discretion, shall have the right to immediately terminate this Agreement.
21. Communications by Us. You agree that we may communicate with you electronically. Such electronic communications may consist of email, notices posted on the Service, and other communications. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we send to you electronically will satisfy any requirement that such communication be in writing and, to the extent intended, such communication will be an enforceable and binding term or amendment to this Agreement.
22. Entire Agreement. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between the parties relating to its subject matter. All provisions that should by their nature survive the termination of this Agreement shall survive the expiration of this Agreement including, but not limited to, the rights and licenses you have granted hereunder, indemnities, releases, disclaimers, limitations on liability, payment obligations, provisions related to choice of law, no class action, and no trial by jury. Any waiver of or promise not to enforce any right under this Agreement shall not be enforceable unless evidenced by a writing signed by the party making said waiver or promise. NO VENDOR, DISTRIBUTOR, DEALER, RETAILER, AGENT, SALES PERSON, OR OTHER PERSON IS AUTHORIZED BY US TO MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT OR TO MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR PROMISE THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN OR IN ADDITION TO THE WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR PROMISES EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.