Spring officially arrives today in the northern hemisphere. Can you hear me cheering? To me, spring means happiness and the promise of good times to come. The days get longer, the sun gets stronger, and Mother Nature celebrates her beauty. It’s a time of rebirth and transformation, an opportunity to revel in the wonders both inside us and around us.
At Rewire Me, we’re welcoming the season with 9 Meditations on Spring plus ritual expert Barbara Biziou’s post on spring rituals. And because, as Barbara advises in her article, “Now is the time for singing and dancing,” we’ve also compiled a very special spring playlist on Spotify. In case you don’t have Spotify, here are the tracks we’ve selected:
- It’s De-Lovely, Ella Fitzgerald
- Time of the Season, The Zombies
- The Sound of Sunshine, Michael Franti and Spearhead
- Birdhouse in Your Soul, They Might Be Giants
- Águas de Março/Waters of March, Antonio Carlos Jobim and Elis Regina
- You Can Never Hold Back Spring, Tom Waits
- Four Seasons, Op. 8, Spring: Allegro (Antonio Vivaldi), London Philharmonic
- Morning Has Broken, Cat Stevens
- I Was Made for Sunny Days, The Weepies
- La Flûte de Pan, Op. 15: Pan and the Birds (Jules Mouquet), James Galway and David Measham
- Soak Up the Sun, Sheryl Crow
- Keep on the Sunny Side, The Carter Family and Johnny Cash
We wish you a wonderful season of renewal!