Take action and #BeBoldForChange
Honoring the social, economic and political achievements of women, International Women’s Day (IWD) is dedicated to women who are changing the world. Yes, Girl power!
The campaign theme for this year, #BeBoldForChange, calls for gender equality and closing the gender gap. Even in small ways, each one of us can step up to take action and make change happen. Whether it’s campaigning against violence, bias and inequality, or celebrating women’s achievements and education, there are many areas where you can be bold for change.
How you can help:
- Join the Unify Global Sisterhood Movement – the world’s largest women’s synchronized meditation event taking place today, March 8. There are local Sister Circles worldwide gathering for synchronized meditation and prayer to inspire change.
- Donate to World Relief – an organization dedicated to creating a better world for women. World Relief partners with local churches all over the world who educate, resource and empower women to take action in their communities.
- Volunteer with ONE – This organization is taking action to end extreme poverty and preventable disease. Did you know 130 million girls are out of school? A crucial part of ONE’s poverty fighting strategy is promoting girls’ access to education.
- Run your own #BeBoldForChange IWD Campaign – Download #BeBoldForChange posters and selfie cards. Promote on social media to help spread the word and encourage others to participate.
- Fundraise on IWD – The global charity WAGGGS has prepared a Fundraising in the Office Activity Pack for any employees or businesses that would like to host an event to honor IWD. Help raise money for an amazing cause!
Join me and #BeBoldForChange, not just today, but every day. Remember even small acts of kindness and generosity can make a major difference.