- Michelle Jenneke, hurdler, performs an exuberant dance routine right before starting a race.
- Jason Terry, NBA basketball player, sleeps in the opposing team’s official uniform shorts the night before games.
- Wade Boggs, Hall of Fame baseball player, always drew “chai” (Hebrew word for life) in the dirt before coming up to bat.
- Bruce Gardiner, NHL hockey player, dipped his hockey stick in the toilet before each game to “show it who was boss.”
- Chrissie Wellington, world Ironman champion, wrote Rudyard Kipling’s inspirational poem “If” on her water bottles before a race.